How to protect your config file in .NET with cryptography
2/11/2010†∑ Hi, I palced a file in my windows service application root directory and i configured this file location in the app.config file.
Reading Key/Value from App.Config
Is it possible to use a commom key so taht it works for all user when the executable is in network directory with the app.config file but user loged in from there machine LR SCA NY - Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:49:44 PM... Hello, How can we do the RefreshSection on app.config that is not the config file of the Start Up Project. My problem is that I have 3 projects One defined as the Start Up project and the two others are library, and my connectionString is in a library and what I can say is the ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection does not working on it.
C# console application App.Config not adding keys.
Download full source code; There are certain scenarios where we need to define our own custom configuration section. I have recently faced one where I had to Store the key value pairs as given below: how to catch silvally sunand mmoon By default C# projects donít have an App.config file; to add one, from Visual Studio add a new Application Configuration File item to the project. Here follows a sample App.config file with an appSettings sction with only one key called Name ; you may add as many keys Ö
Custom Configuration Sections in app.config or web.config
or we can keep the appSettings in the App.config file itself: < appSettings > < add key =" author" value =" Palanisamy Veerasingam" / > < add key =" article" value =" Configuration Sections" / > < /appSettings > ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings is a special property that provides a shortcut to application settings defined in the
How long can it take?
C# read multiple keys from app.config Experts Exchange
- How to read custom xml from app.config
- Jon Galloway Encrypting Passwords in a .NET app.config File
- How to add key in app.config azure worker role... C# .NET
- Duplicate keys in appSettings in App.Config
How To Add Key In App Config
An application running on the desktop or on a device can store the connection string in an app.config or web.config file. Add the connection string to the AppSettings section in these files. An application running in an Azure cloud service can store the connection string in the Azure service configuration schema (.cscfg) file .
- By default C# projects donít have an App.config file; to add one, from Visual Studio add a new Application Configuration File item to the project. Here follows a sample App.config file with an appSettings sction with only one key called Name ; you may add as many keys Ö
- 7/07/2012†∑ reading key values in App.config file with C# .NET Framework Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions.
- The ConfigurationProperty(ďkeyí) needs to map to the xml element in the app.config one-to-one for each of the element. Now that we have all the data and classes setup, here is how you actually get the data out of the app.config file and into your custom data model.
- 26/06/2012†∑ I believe that the app.config file that gets loaded is the app.config file belonging to the hosting executable, any other app.config files are ignored and not used.